with the four greatest teachers of my life

with the four greatest teachers of my life

Monday, February 2, 2015

What I Learned About Parenting from Watching Football





  1. Anyone on the team can recover a fumble.  Although I am the primary caretaker in our household, I have learned that anyone in the family can help to turn a situation around.  Whether it’s an older sibling helping a younger one with a school problem or my husband averting a meltdown by providing a change of scenery, I can call upon others in the family to assist when needed.

  1. Know when to punt and know when to go for it.  Sometimes it is better to cut your losses and leave that birthday party, that grocery store trip, or that family obligation early.  But sometimes it is really important to be there, and so you take your chances with a tired or irritable kid…and those times it tends to work out okay.

  1. Occasionally, the play needs a review.  We can all benefit from learning how to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment